RAM upgrade in Asus X52J Laptop (MB:k52jc) doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Tzigerianos10, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Tzigerianos10

Tzigerianos10

Hello to everyone,

I tried to upgrade the Asus x52j, I bought 2 ram's, mushkin pc3-8500 sodimm 7-7-7-20 1.5V (2x4GB) but when I plug them it doesn't start. It displays only black screen with white letters(trouble screen) and asking for normal starting or start and fix problem, when I choose normal it gets me back in the same screen and when the other, it lags.

I checked the site and 8gb is the max memory and 1066Mhz max freq so I chose the above ram model.
    I try to boot with only one of two ram's with the old one but it doesn't start again.
    When I put the old ones back it boot normal.
    When I put the new ram's I can go to bios but it send me again back at the trouble screen.i reset bios but nothing change.
    Old ram type is Kingston 2gb 2Rx8 Pc3 - 10600s 9-10-F0(i think this freq is more than the MB supports)

I'm wondering if it is a Ram incompatability problem or maybe I have to change volt from bios or upgrade any drivers?
    Windows 7 OS

Thanks for your time

Tzigerianos10, Nov 4, 2020
Ask a Question