RAM Max Upgrade d255

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tccc143, Mar 7, 2011.

1. tccc143

tccc143

So I can install 64bit Windows on this thing. Does this mean I can put a 4gb Ram stick in it??? or is 2gb the max still???? What about 3gb???

tccc143, Mar 7, 2011
  2. tccc143

anonparrot

It's my understanding that 2g is the max .... from everything I have read. I have a D255E with the N570 proc.

As long as you have a processor that supports 64bit and a minimum of 2g of ram you should be able to install 64bit Win7. I know the atom N570 supports that. However if all you can put in the system is 2g then really I don't think you will get much benefit the 64bit OS. Since 32bit can handle up to 4g.

Anyway something else I learned today - be careful what 2g stick you buy. I bought one and had to return it - my aspire just wouldn't boot. I found out later the ram I bought was 1.8v - I believe these systems need 1.5v ram. Hopefully I can find some - I want 2g in this system.

--Chris

anonparrot, Mar 13, 2011
Ask a Question