Question: How bad is Windows 10 ? if the USA DOD is upgrading to Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Feb 17, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Feb 17, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

Ian Administrator

That's pretty damn quick for such a huge organisation to roll out something like that - I still know many places that have only just switched to Windows 7!

Ian, Feb 18, 2016
    something back and IBMPC8088 like this.
  3. something back

IBMPC8088

The US Navy still uses XP...but that's because they have a special version of it and special support from Microsoft which the public does not get to have. I would definitely find out whether the claim of them using Windows 10 is legitimate or a media ploy to try and get the public to do the same. If for some reason it turns out to not be a media ploy after all, then I would say with 98% certainty that any systems they run of 10 are a modified version that do not have any of the intrusions or intentional security breaches that even 7 or XP did.

They have a totally different version of everything from XP on up to 10 that are released only to select clients. The Chinese government is given the source code to each one provided to them too, just so that they will do business with Microsoft and US affiliates to them. They don't take any chances with it, and I'm pretty sure that the DOD, if they do this, won't either.

IBMPC8088, Feb 18, 2016
    something back likes this.
  4. something back

something back

Many councils, government departments use special versions
    and are paying for ongoing support.

I have no doubt that the DOD wont be using the retail versions of Windows 10.

Lets hope some details or mods find there way to the public domain.

something back, Feb 18, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. something back

Sefie

If this is not a ploy, I wonder how different their Windows 10 version will be? I bet it will be super different! Plus if they still use Windows XP I doubt they will want to switch. I mean, if I could I'd still be using it :p Windows 8.1 blows!

Sefie, Feb 18, 2016
  6. something back

Tara

Me too! I love Windows XP. I would still be using it too. I held onto for as long as I could. My newest laptop came with Windows 8.1. I didn't get a chance to use it much. Microsoft forced the Windows 10 upgrade. I was going to wait until June/July to upgrade, but my laptop upgraded itself and I couldn't stop it. I don't want to be bothered to uninstall it and then re-install it.

Tara, Feb 19, 2016
  7. something back

fcuco

Sure, I would gladly install windows 10 on all my machines if Microsoft if willing to share the source code with me and when I become as powerful as the DOD so I am sure that my usage data will not be mined and harvested for profit without any concern for my privacy.

fcuco, Mar 13, 2016
  8. something back

djtech

Win 10 is better than 8. Also, use of tech really depends on a lot of other factors. I know that until last year most of the government establishments were using xp or 7 alongwith a linux distro. Considering that 8 was such a disaster, I am not surprised that they have decided to jump directly to 10.

djtech, Mar 14, 2016
Ask a Question