Question about zg5

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Potatochip, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Potatochip

Potatochip

Hey, so i am looking at purchasing an acer aspire one zg5 from someone on craigslist, but have been told that it is missing the hard drive. They said their friend bought the netbook, took the hard drive out to use it in something else then they bought it from them. My question is, can the acer aspire one zg5 use any hard drive thats 2.5 if it was originally a linux machine? (Like if it was bought as linux, does it need to use SSD?).

Thanks

Potatochip, Jun 30, 2010
  2. Potatochip

Forone

You're looking at buying something that some stranger has taken apart in one way you know about, and who knows what ways that you don't. Without a hard drive, you can't even start the thing up to see if any of the components work. Given the price of a new unit, I hope the offer price for this thing justifies what you might be spending to make it work, but kind of doubt it.

Forone, Jun 30, 2010
  3. Potatochip

Potatochip

Im actually trading up a cellphone i dont use, plus there adding some dough for it, they are booting off a usb key so i can check if its working, just trying to figure out what type of harddrive is necessary to make it a good mobile netbook (something stable for school work)

Potatochip, Jul 1, 2010
  4. Potatochip

Darryl

check out tnkgirl she also does a hard drive mod with a 3.5 inch sata drive. Loook around on the forum for the type of drive theres lots on here. You can also get a 32gb ssd. This link is the most concise vid I've found and will give you all the ins and outs
    http://qik.com/video/161904

Darryl, Jul 2, 2010
Ask a Question