Question about warranty

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Anarethos, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Anarethos

Anarethos

Hi everyone.

I see a lot of people telling that upgrading the ram will void the warranty of the AAi. But after taking mine apart, theres is no way for Acer to say that you have openned the AAi. There is no sticker. So, is ALL models has no sticker or I am just lucky?

I know that if I broke something inside, I wont be able to claim the warranry, but if everything seems ok (putting original memory back, etc.), how could they know?

Thanks!

Anarethos, Sep 2, 2008
  2. Anarethos

Jefri

All the aspire one has no sticker on it..
    They will know that u've taking apart from the screw..unless,u can unscrew it without no scratches on the screw.. :lol:

Jefri, Sep 2, 2008
  3. Anarethos

Anarethos

Well. okay for the screw... I'm srewed :p

But more seriously, who are authorisez to open the AA1? any computer store? If so, I have a freind who run a business, so I just have to ask him to write me a bill for memory upgrade and... that's it, no?

Unless you have to be a "official" Acer repair center?

Anarethos, Sep 2, 2008
  4. Anarethos

Jefri

U must go to acer service center to upgrade the ram,because it taking apart half of it :lol:
    If aspire one had a little panel window on bottom like 701 do,u can change ram by urself..
    Its useless for u to have a bill of change from general computer shop,the only way is acer service center :D

Jefri, Sep 2, 2008
  5. Anarethos

Anarethos

Thanks for the info.

Thas is what I thought.

Sad :(

Anarethos, Sep 2, 2008
  6. Anarethos

evi1d33d

Haven't got my AA1 yet but if the screw is black then can't you just recolor it with a black permanent marker? Didn't ASUS changed their warranty about the ram upgrade? Acer should do the same.

evi1d33d, Sep 2, 2008
  7. Anarethos

leeadkins

While I agree that they will probably use tactics similar to those mentioned here when trying to determine if a warranty is void or not, I wonder how much they'll be able to stick to it.

When I opened my AA1 to upgrade the RAM, it looked like it had already been opened before. It had very light scratching on the metal tray under the keyboard and was missing a screw. My initial thought was that Acer might have been retrofitting SSD models with the HDD, RAM, and new lower shell at the factory, creating the need for the computer to be opened up again. Both the inner and the outer box were sealed from the factory when I got them, too.

I'd have never known this had I not opened it up, but how hard would they have tried to pin it on me if I had problems?

leeadkins, Sep 2, 2008
  8. Anarethos

DiSK

Yeah, I noticed this little dent in the little rim around the keyboard. I think the hard drive versions, at least, we opened after the casing was made.

DiSK, Sep 6, 2008
Ask a Question