Question about buying a external hard disk!

Discussion in 'Storage' started by LaptopGeek, Jul 28, 2016.

1. LaptopGeek

LaptopGeek

I have bought a external hard disk before from a reputed online website in my country and it broke down within 5 weeks in-spite of light usage.

Thereafter, I am confused whether I should accept the replacement from the website or just ask for a refund and get one from my nearest store.

I have both the options of getting a refund as well as replacement. I am just worried that what if the replacement turns out to the same and breaks down after few weeks.

Please help me out here.

LaptopGeek, Jul 28, 2016
  2. LaptopGeek

something back

You have just been unlucky with the one you owned

something back, Jul 28, 2016
    umair likes this.
  3. LaptopGeek

Vash

Try it with a replacement. Sometimes it is just bad luck. If it happens twice in a row then it has more to do with bad luck, then go for a refund or perhaps get a replacement from the manufacturer instead.

Newegg is a reputable vendor. One of my external HDD I got was from them and died on me shortly. They replaced it no problem and the replacement is still good.

Vash, Aug 1, 2016
    umair likes this.
  4. LaptopGeek

Fuzyon

Get the replacement and if it breaks again then use the refund option. It would've been really useful if you told us the manufacturer of the HDD but you can look for online reviews anyway. If what they say online is negative then it'd be a good idea to just buy a different one.

Fuzyon, Aug 1, 2016
  5. LaptopGeek

acerme2

I would have based my decision on the brand of the external hard disk, if it was a good quality brand then I'll assume that I just got unlucky with the stock I was given. I would then just opt for a replacement. But if it was a lemon brand to begin with, I'll go with the refund.

acerme2, Aug 3, 2016
  6. LaptopGeek

Corzhens

Pardon me if this comment is quite offending. That is the main reason why we do not patronize online stores when it comes to electronic items and appliances. What if the product is defective? In the recent months, we had bought a defective rice cooker and we hastily went back to the mall to have it replaced.

In your case, I would just ask for a refund because my question is this - what if they send you a replacement and after a week, it would appear defective again? The best option is to get a refund and buy from a store so if there is a problem it would be easier to resolve.

Corzhens, Aug 3, 2016
Ask a Question