Question About Acer Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mizzcasey, Nov 6, 2008.

1. mizzcasey

mizzcasey

Hello, I am a new member of the forum looking to purchase a netbook in the upcoming week. I was torn between the MSI Wind, Lenevo S10 and Acer Aspire One. I am considering the Acer Aspire One but I am wondering if I purchase the Linpus Linux version will it connect to my DSL wireless home connection?

mizzcasey, Nov 6, 2008
  2. mizzcasey

Tamrac

To answer your question about wifi, yes it will. But some experience intermittent connection with the included linpus drivers. An update is needed to make wifi have a consistent connection. If I were you, get the XP version of the Acer aspire one. Linpus although is marketed to be newbie friendly.... is not so newbie friendly if things go wrong. I'm an Aspire One owner, but if you have the money to spend on a Lenovo S10, I'd recommend you get that instead. Upgrading is a breeze on the S10. With Acer, you will need to disassemble the unit, and is not for the faint hearted. Good luck on your choice.

Tamrac, Nov 6, 2008
  3. mizzcasey

mizzcasey

Thanks Tamrac for replying back.

mizzcasey, Nov 6, 2008
Ask a Question