Qosimo XP Rebuild

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ChrisJBrady, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

I have a Qosmio G30 162 with XP/MCE. Unfortunately years ago I got a virus but couldn't remove it. So I installed Ubuntu - this kind of worked but kept hanging. So now I removed everything and installed XP Pro. using the same key. All OK - up to a point. Having installed a number of apps. like Libre Office, VLC, etc., I now want to install SP4. However this is a full blown re-installation of XP. Is there a cut-down version of SP4 which only includes updates like SP3?

The other issue is that the laptop is an XP MCE version. However I have been unable to track down any drivers that make the audio / video work. I'm not bothered about t.v. capture.

And finally I can't get the Intel wifi card to work. The laptop only connects to an Ethernet service.

Sorry if this is predominantly Windows XP focused, but the Tosh. implements its own customisation of XP MCE.

Thank you.

ChrisJBrady, Mar 25, 2018
Ask a Question