Q re VGA driver, BIOS, and "Empowering Technology" software

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Forone, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Forone

Forone

I just got my blue WinXP Canadian unit and am very impressed so far. Three questions:

1. I checked downloads as usual for a new PC and found and installed some updates, but one of them for the VGA driver would not install - any information on what the replacement is for and why it won't go in|? I tested hookup to extended desktop on an external monitor and the display on the monitor was turned 90 degrees ?

2. I noticed a lot of BIOS discussions and it looks like a nuisance to update, though I've managed it on other PCs. This one has 3301 - any reason to flash a newer one? I'm bothered at how little documentation and how many BIOS updates Acer is putting out - never seen nearly so many from Toshiba, Dell and HP units I've owned.

3. I found a lot of PDF documents relating to various "Empowering Technology" software and a toolbar for them, which I don't have on this machine. Some of them look handy, although some are redundant to other software I use. Any experience and how would one get them if one wants them?

I very nice looking forum. Thanks for any assistance.

Forone, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question