Problems with windows update in Tiny7 "error code 800f081f"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by leee942, Oct 11, 2009.

1. leee942

leee942

for some reason the windows update wont let me install "Update for Windows 7 (KB974332)" or any language packs. it manages to download them but then fails to install with the error code 800f081f appearing. when it was updating my drivers it had no problems at all. can someone help me in getting this to work pls!? ive got tiny7 installed on my A110, 8gb ssd, 1.5gb ram

leee942, Oct 11, 2009
  2. leee942

Mopeto

Don´t Install Tiny-Windows, they suck.
    Get full ISO. RTM. One Link
    Install moded bios, install serial and certificate, obtain full oem windows 7 activation, ???, Profit!

Mopeto, Oct 12, 2009
  3. leee942

leee942

Appreciate the links, but i need a stripped down version - only got 8gb ssd :cry:

leee942, Oct 12, 2009
  4. leee942

BrandonMB

I wouldn't worry too much about the update, it is a compatibility update for legacy programs to run in Windows 7. There is one of these releases each month as Microsoft determines different programs that don't run properly in Win 7. Because some of the modules in Win 7 are stripped out, updates that apply to those areas will fail. I would suggest simply right clicking on the update and select ignore.

The August 2009 update that you are trying to apply is to assist in compatibility with the following programs. If you don't plan on using them, then don't worry about the update.

Alcohol 52% Enables the functionality of Windows 7-compatible versions of Alcohol 52%.
    Altiris and Symantec Virtual Software up to version 6.1.499.x Generates an upgrade block to prevent errors during a Windows upgrade.
    ZoomText versions up to 9.18.2 Generates a driver hard block to prevent an error.
    Dell Printer Driver (Models-V105, V305 and V505) Generates an upgrade block to prevent a setup failure.
    Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 Generates an upgrade block to prevent an error during a Windows upgrade.
    Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 Generates an upgrade block to prevent an error during a Windows upgrade.
    Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 Generates an upgrade block to prevent an error during a Windows upgrade.
    YiDongFeiXin version 2.2.x and version 3.5.x Enables the application’s functionality.
    PGP Desktop up to version 9.x Generates a soft block to warn about a possible issue after a Windows upgrade.
    Trend Micro VirusBuster 2008 Generates an upgrade block to prevent errors.
    Windows Live Photo Gallery Updates Windows Live Photo Gallery to prevent a file-association issue with Windows Media Player OCX.

BrandonMB, Oct 18, 2009
Ask a Question