Problems with headset.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Guest, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello, guys!

I am wondering if anyone can help me with the problem I am dealing with for a long time already. I am trying to connect my DR-BT21G headset to my acer 5920G which is running on win7 (x64). The problem is that it does not it see the device at all. I have already tried installing different bluetooth drivers but it didn't work. Does anyone have any idea what can I do in that situation?

Guest, Mar 13, 2012
  2. Guest

OhioTom76

Some common issues I run into when pairing Bluetooth devices to my computer:

1.) Make sure you have other Bluetooth devices in the room disabled while you are trying to sync up. Often times, my cell phone for example will steal the connection from my Jambox when I am trying to sync it up to my desktop, for example. On that same note, make sure there isn't anyone else nearby with Bluetooth active that might be interfering with your headphones as well.

2.) If you keep your computer plugged in all the time, unplug it for a minute or so and remove the battery temporarily too, then reboot. I was on the phone for nearly two hours with Lenovo when my desktop system wouldn't sync up with the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard that came with it. After rebooting my computer like 100 times, I finally decided to just completely unplug the whole thing for a minute - and when I plugged it back in and booted up, suddenly they started working again. I think some of these computers out there still stay "on" to some degree as long as there is a steady power supply attached to them.

3.) If they are syncing with the Bluetooth on your computer, but you are not hearing any sound through them, check the sound mixer in Windows - you many need to manually select them as the default device when listening to stuff with them as sometimes Windows won't automatically switch over to them.

OhioTom76, Mar 14, 2014
  3. Guest

skywatcher

I think it's also good if you try to check if the device can work on other laptops as well, to make sure it's your laptop that doesn't recognize it and that the headset isn't experiencing problems/malfunctions.

skywatcher, Apr 1, 2014
Ask a Question