Problems With Aspire One 8"

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ESTurbo4, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ESTurbo4

ESTurbo4

I have an Apire one AOA 150-1570 MFR date 0808 with Windows XP. There are no modifications to it, came with a 120gb hard drive 1gb ram.

First problem the wireless card keeps dissappearing it takes a day or two sometimes longer for it to happen. When it does Internet explorer with say page cannot be displayed. If I go into the device mgr the wireless card won't be there only the ethernet card. The only way I found to fix it is to shut the computer down and remove the batttery for a second ot two then the card works like normal again. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Second problem is the microphone/line in doesn't work. Mic volume doesn't even show up in the realktek page and the windows volume control says its working fine but no sound comes from the onboard mic or when I plug one into the jack.

Third (yeah this computer was a rip off) both onboard speakers are blown are there replacements for them? I have externals and I dont like lugging them around, hence the reason for an ultra compact pc. My girlfriend has an Asus 8.9 seemes to be the way I should have gone. The Acer is nicer but all of the Asus' functions work. Forgive me I'm just tired of one problem after another. Thanks in advance.

ESTurbo4, Jul 15, 2009
  2. ESTurbo4

garrettp

Almost sounds like it could be a BIOS battery issue.

Have you tried to reinstall the OS yet? Sometimes Windoes can get screwed up if it is an old install and a fresh clean install (with format) can help problems like driver issues.

If you take it apart to replace the BIOS battery you can check connections like that for the sound ;) could simply be a bad connection or another issues caused by bad BIOS battery or old Windoes install driver issues.

Let us know what happens.
    g

garrettp, Jul 16, 2009
  3. ESTurbo4

donec

How long have you had this computer?

donec, Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question