Problems booting up after battery drain

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by georgedi, Aug 4, 2009.

1. georgedi

georgedi

Hi,
    We've had our A150-Linpus for some time now and are generally very happy with it.
    There is however one big annoyance which I hope someone will have seen before and offer a solution.
    What happens is that when we use the AspireOne on battery power, and then the battery gets drained completely so that it switches off, what we find is that it then takes an extremely long time to boot up when the power cable is plugged in - and I mean about 10minutes.
    On every other laptop I've used once the battery drains it's just a question of switching to power and restarting

Apologies if this is an ancient and much discussed issue. I've not been able to find anything related so far

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any answers

georgedi, Aug 4, 2009
  2. georgedi

Rich in ILM

Therre was quite a few power corrections to the bios. I believe you would use the 3000 range bios? 3309 is the most current (3310) is around doesn't add much. Check to see if you are up to date:

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads_gd.html

Rich in ILM, Aug 4, 2009
  3. georgedi

georgedi

The bios version on this aspire is v0.3114 - So I guess that's pretty old

thanks for your advice

georgedi, Aug 4, 2009
  4. georgedi

Rich in ILM

That is the original and has a myriad of problems. Just go all the way up to 3309.

Rich in ILM, Aug 4, 2009
Ask a Question