Problem with SL and NetBookBootmaker installation

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by tdaiber, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tdaiber

tdaiber

Hi,

I am new to this, so please forgive me, if I overlooked some obvious mistakes :)
    I tried to install Mac OS on a D150 w/ Atom N280, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD. My Mac is a MB pro 13" running SL 10.6.3. Making a bootable USB Stick with Installation files was no problem, but I could not get NBB 0.8.4 RC1 to work. Program starts but gives me no partition to select. I tried downloading again, even from mirror site with the same result. NBB 0.8.3 works though, but only with SL retail DVD, not my 10.5 retail DVD. The latter just keeps rebooting the Netbook, no matter what flags I enter at the boot: prompt. I was then able to go through the installation of SL on the Netbook, but neither booting from the USB stick (and selecting the HDD for starting) nor booting from HDD (after installation of NetbookInstaller on the HDD) gets the system running, again even with -x or -v flags. Boot process looks normal, after -v with lots of messages, then screen gets grey, then blue, mouse pops up, I can even move it around with trackpad, but then screen gets grey again and machine reboots :(

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Torsten

tdaiber, Apr 15, 2010
  2. tdaiber

lavrishevo

Try to use NBI 0.8.3

lavrishevo, Apr 15, 2010
  3. tdaiber

tdaiber

Hi,

thanks for your answer. As far as I understand it, NBI is used to install the Bootloader to the Netbooks HDD. But for this I needed to have SL up and running. I could get NBB to install the bootloader on the HDD by again booting from the USB stick and starting the installation process and then selecting NBI from the menu bar, meaning I am able to start the fresh installed OS on the netbook. But after the graphics system starts (i.e. I have a working mouse cursor on the screen) the system reboots instead of going on to the welcome movie and first system setup.

Torsten

tdaiber, Apr 15, 2010
Ask a Question