Problem with Kernel 2.6.28-13-generic

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ptihibou, Jul 5, 2009.

1. ptihibou

ptihibou

J'ai un Acer Aspire one D150 avec Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04

Avec le kernel 2.6.28-11-generic, le seul problème était le mic interne qui ne marchait pas avec Skype. Je l'avais résolu en compilant le driver Alsa 1.0.20 pour remplacer le driver Alsa 1.0.18 et tout marchait bien alors avec Skype (vidéo et son).

Avec le récent nouveau kernel 2.6.28-13-generic, tout a changé, le mic interne ne fonctionnant plus sous Skype et Alsa étant redevenu 1.0.18. J'ai essayé de recompiler Alsa 1.0.20 mais cela n'a pas marché. J'ai obtenu un message d'erreur au niveau du kernel compiler: "no predefined kernel compiler is detected" et la compilation, même si elle s'est terminée, n'a bien sûr pas marchée.

Quelqu'un a-t-il une solution? Y-a-t-il un endroit où trouver un fichier .deb Ubuntu 9.04 avec le dernier kernel 2.6.28-13-generic qui inclut aussi le Alsa 1.0.20?

ptihibou, Jul 5, 2009
  2. ptihibou

DutchDK

Il s'agit d'un forum international, de sorte que vous devriez écrire en anglais.

Having put your message through the translator down at the Googleplex I got the following:

At least for the A series of the AAO, the mic works out of the box with 9.04. AFAIK the D series uses the same sound system, so it should also work out of the box for the D150 model. Before gong through an update of ALSA to 1.0.20, have you checked that the ALSA mixer references the right input for the mic ?

Right click on the loudspeaker icon in the taskbar area at the top of the UNR interface, and chose settings. Make sure that the settings are set to HDA Intel (ALSA mixer). Close the dialogue, and right click again on the loudspeaker icon, this time selecting "Open Volumecontrol". In the dialogue that then appears, you should see a tab named "Record". Check that the slider there isn't turned all down, and that the microphone button there isn't showing the microphone has been turned off.

DutchDK, Jul 6, 2009
  3. ptihibou

ptihibou

Sorry about posting in English, I had just posted on a French forum and decided to post on this one, but completely forgot that my previous post was in French and just did a cut and paste. Sorry again :oops:

As I indicated in my post I have an Acer Aspire One D150 and the internal mic was not working in Skype. I did follow an advice to install the latest Alsa driver 1.10.20 instead of the Alsa 1.10.18 and after compiling it everything worked fine. My new problem resulted from the upgrade in Ubuntu kernel from 2.6.28-11-generic to 2.26.28-13-generic. Suddenly I was back to square one, the internal mic was not working anymore and upon checking I found that the Alsa driver was again version 1.10.18. When trying to compile again the Alsa driver 1.10.20 it did not work therefore my posting for help.. :)

upon checking again one hour ago I found that there has been a new update of Linux-headers and I was able (don't ask me why) to now compile the Alsa driver 1.10.20

so everything is fine again.. for the time being :D

ptihibou, Jul 6, 2009
  4. ptihibou

mzc

hi,

I also installed skype and ever since jaunty was launched I never had to update the kernel to make it work (only updated the kernel as part of the system update). I have attached a screen shot of my skype settings if it would of any help.[attachment=0:1dc7snn3]Screenshot-2.png[/attachment:1dc7snn3]

mzc, Jul 7, 2009
  5. ptihibou

ptihibou

@mzc

Thanks for your comments. The upgrade in Ubuntu kernel from 2.6.28-11-generic to 2.26.28-13-generic I mentioned above was not a personal choice, it was just the result from a required system update which now appears as having been done in two stages first the kernel, then the linux-headers. As I indicated, following the headers update I was able to compile the Alsa driver 1.10.20 without which the internal mic on the AAO D150 does not work with Skype. I understand that the situation is different with the AAO110 where the internal mic works out of the box with the Alsa driver 1.0.18

ptihibou, Jul 7, 2009
  6. ptihibou

Mister-Magoo

I confirm that with the D150, the internal mic does't work with Skype and the gereric kernel.
    I've the same problem and no found issue at this time.
    I'll recompile a custom kernel for test in the next days...

Mister-Magoo, Jul 8, 2009
Ask a Question