Problem with connections : some web addresses

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lorenzowanderer07, May 3, 2009.

1. lorenzowanderer07

lorenzowanderer07

Hi Everybody,

I bought an ACer Aspire One A150 8.9' with hard disk 160Gb and XP.

I am very satisfied...but I have a big problem and I do not know if is related with the Pc itself or with Windows xp.
    I am not able to download any update for windows. I noticed that I am not able to visualize the microsoft web page.
    Furthermore I am not able to reach the symantec server. (for this one I tried to execute the ping command, but the system was unable to solve the address. This is not happened with other addresses)

I runned the diagnostic problem and I got a page that says there are some problems with FTP connections. I also tried to disable the windows firewall... but nothing happened

Does any of you has an idea of what I can do ? Is it possible to keep udpdate the operating System Windows Xp or is somehow impossible ?

Many Thanks

Lorenzo

lorenzowanderer07, May 3, 2009
  2. lorenzowanderer07

OldPhil

OldPhil, May 13, 2009
  3. lorenzowanderer07

lorenzowanderer07

Hi,

I really would like for your reply. I think you might be right...but still I have a problem.
    I am not able to reach that website from my Acer AO. On the other hand I access without any problemfrom my desktop.

I tried to connect to F-Secure, or Kaspersky Or even Mac afee... but noone succed.
    What should I do from your point of view ?

Once again thanks for youe help

Lorenzo

lorenzowanderer07, May 13, 2009
  4. lorenzowanderer07

lorenzowanderer07

Hi,

I just wanted to say that you were right.
    I tried to download a removal kit for that virus...after several attempts that were mostly locked I succed with one. After runned the removal the pc is working without any trouble.

So once again Thanks a lot for your help.

Lorenzo

lorenzowanderer07, May 13, 2009
  5. lorenzowanderer07

OldPhil

I am glad I was able to be of help, the symptoms you described fit the Conficker thing.

Phil

OldPhil, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question