Problem flashing the BIOS on bricked machine

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by oldsouth, Sep 6, 2008.

1. oldsouth

oldsouth

My week old AAO is bricked so I tried the BIOS recovery fix as posted by macles on his website, but I have had no luck. It does not read from the USB drive. I think I am having a problem creating the bootable USB flash drive. Can anyone provide a good step by step instructable on how to do this or even upload an image of a working USB bootable flashdrive used to fix a bricked machine???? Many thanks in advance

oldsouth, Sep 6, 2008
  2. oldsouth

goofball

Just download the HP usb format utlity to format it to fat, then follow the instructions to a T. Once you've downloaded the bios, make sure you rename the file properly. Then hold down FN+Esc and power on, you should see the power led flicker and the key show it being accessed. I did this exact procedure 2 weeks ago and it worked flawlessly.

goofball, Sep 6, 2008
  3. oldsouth

oldsouth

Where did you find the USB format utility? I downloaded an HP USB utility, but it was only for Win2000 and Win98. Anything for Vista or XP?

oldsouth, Sep 6, 2008
  4. oldsouth

clevin

Do u even need a bootable USB at all?

clevin, Sep 6, 2008
  5. oldsouth

goofball

no, but it needs to be formatted and the HP utility does that very well.

goofball, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question