Problem connecting to homehub

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ged20, Oct 9, 2009.

1. ged20

ged20

Hi everyone

I have an issue with an acer aspire one ZG5 running linpus linux. I can connect to the homehub the first time and everything is fine. But when I restart the computer it does not connect again, now I don't mean it doesn't just connect automatically, I could live with this but it won't connect at all. The only thing that will let me connect again is if I change the channel the hub is broadcasting, as soon as I do this I can connect instantly I have tried lots of different channels and the problem remains.

I have tested it on another network which uses a different router and all is well on that one.

I'd be grateful if anyone could shine some light on the problem or point me in the right direction as what to try next.

Thanks for reading
    Gez

ged20, Oct 9, 2009
  2. ged20

NextMissingLink

Hi Ged. I hope you've found a solution by now. I had exactly the same issue. I'm not sure what cleared it up as I tried a number of things at the same time:
    1. Moving things like screens, wireless phone cradles and power supplys away from the Hub.
    2. Hub updates happen automatically, one happened recently.
    3. I connected the acer to the Hub with a live usb distro. Hub still remembers the acer as Knoppix.
    Did you know there's a BT homehub forum?

Good luck from a friendly otek!

NextMissingLink, Dec 28, 2009
  3. ged20

wher2guv

This appears to be an operating system fault my wife and I both bought netbooks Oct 08 they worked fine until Nov 09, when both refused to rejoin the hub until the channel was changed.
    I installed Moblin onto my netbook and my wife still uses Linpus when I change the channel on the hub so Linpus can join the network. I think it's some kind of config file which is corrupt but can't remember which one.
    If someone could find a solution it would be great, although Moblin's quite good just a bit slow a times.

Mark

wher2guv, Jan 26, 2010
  4. ged20

NextMissingLink

:wher2guv:paradise pls driver ;-)
    Hub is good right now with both linpus and nbr 9.10.
    However it seems to have blocked my nfs <rolls eyes>

NextMissingLink, Jan 28, 2010
Ask a Question