Problem after problem. Now out of warrenty :(

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by laurapanda, Feb 23, 2011.

1. laurapanda

laurapanda

I really wish I hadn't bought this netbook, I only paid 200pounds for it and now I know why...

It's always frozen and crashed, in fact it did it within ten minutes of of the box, but I never thought anything of it. (silly me!) In December, when it was 11 months old, the screen cracked, which after a bit of googling, I found is a common problem in Acer netbooks, but they refused to to accept responsibility and we going to charge 150pounds for a repair! :shock: I managed to get a cheap second hand screen off ebay and got it fitted for a total of 60pounds.. still painful but not horrendous like Acer's quote.

In January, I moved to Asia, where I'm volunteering until November. I tried to use Skype (never had a need for it before) and the damn thing did the freeze up/BSOD after a grand total of about 2mins in use. argh. Usually it goes for at least an hour without crashing, which whilst being frustrating, I can deal with. I followed the instructions on Acer's website and it didn't have any affect, if anything, it started crashing more frequently.

Now, here's the real shitter. Yesterday, I plugged it in and the damned thing no longer charges. So essentially it's dead as the battery is flat. I am so so angry with Acer after reading this website. Why the hell have they not recalled the model?
    Now, it's just over 13months old, I bought it on 15th Jan 2011, on my credit card via the Asda website.
    Any ideas of the best course of action, I dread to think the size of the Acer bill to repair it. Is it best to go through Asda and see what they say? Whilst it's not under warrenty, surely the sale of goods act covers this? Will Acer even help with me being out of the country for so long?

Argh, I'm so angry, and currently wanting to send a very verbal email to acer customer support!

Thanks in advance,
    Laura

laurapanda, Feb 23, 2011
  2. laurapanda

Fave

I have a ACER ASPIRE ONE 8.9" LCD SCREEN ZG5 A150 and the left side works 25% then there is a vertical white pane and the rest is blank greyish screen

Any suggestions or things I can do. The problem is there is BIOS do I need to put a new screen I do not have a warranty

Please advise. Thanks

Fave, Feb 24, 2011
  3. laurapanda

Swarvey Moderator

Search the forums and DON'T EVER hijack someone else's thread or you will be banned.

Swarvey, Feb 24, 2011
Ask a Question