Printer recommendations?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mooism, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mooism

mooism

I am looking for a cheap colour inkjet printer+scanner and want it to work with my Aspire One (with Linpus Linux, not Windows) as well as with my Windows PC.

I am confused because
    • printers never say on the box whether they work with Linux or not[/*:m:2k2uvi8i]
    • some printers that work with Windows and Mac OS X also work with Linux, but some don't[/*:m:2k2uvi8i]
    • apparently some printers that work with Linux don't work perfectly (eg a colour printer might only print in black and white, or a printer+scanner might only print)[/*:m:2k2uvi8i]

Can anyone recommend a colour printer+scanner that works with Linpus Linux on the Aspire One?

mooism, Oct 5, 2008
  2. mooism

HomeBrewRon

Hi mooism
    I just recently bought a HP c6270 multi function printer from Officeworks for $159. This unit has an ethernet card inbuilt and is fully supported for Linux. I have installed it on my AA1 and everything works perfectly. I also have it running on a Ubuntu machine, again everything works.
    I can print and scan etc.
    There's a large support for HP printers under Linux.
    cheers
    Ron

HomeBrewRon, Oct 6, 2008
  3. mooism

ferryja

great question - how about suggestions for a WIRELESS printer too? preferably something that will work without going into 'advanced mode.' Thanks.

ferryja, Oct 7, 2008
Ask a Question