Price drop on XP and Linpus version

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kevinc628, Aug 22, 2008.

1. kevinc628

swimfast

The price drop wouldn be a lot easier accept if it had been a few months later, but just a couple of weeks is just an insult.
    It's not like buyers got a flawless experience. Reports about fan noise, screen flicker @ lower brightness settings, etc.
    Acer should have updates/fixes out as fast as it drops prices.

swimfast, Aug 22, 2008
  2. kevinc628

IslandBookworm

Ya, it's pretty scummy for Acer to drop the price days after shipping out, thereby screwing everyone who was willing to pre-order and put their money down weeks in advance. I'll have to see if NCIX will give me a rebate. $30 is not worth stressing over, but it's still crummy.

IslandBookworm, Aug 22, 2008
  3. kevinc628

txcheng

I just got mine about a week ago from Circuit City. Hope they lower the price in house so I can do a price guarantee. Love this little guy. I take it everywhere with me.

Andy

txcheng, Aug 22, 2008
  4. kevinc628

unkn0vvn_al

im very disappointed with acer's move for my own sake but I think for those who is still deciding its great news...

I will have to return mine back to CDW and luckily they dont charge restocking fee. its just a hassle because it will take time before they return my money back... huhuhuhu.

Im still deciding if I will get that 6cell unit. I think of getting a real laptop now, the Gateway p-7811x i think..gaming laptop and right price.

unkn0vvn_al, Aug 22, 2008
  5. kevinc628

IslandBookworm

IslandBookworm, Aug 23, 2008
  6. kevinc628

lazy

post me the email
    i'm sure if we collectively email them, they will take notice at the angry install base

i know i am, anyone who's made the purchase in the past month should email them

note that the xp + 120 hhd + 3 cell started shipping during the beginning of august, so acer dropped the price less than a month of when it hit retail shelves

lazy, Aug 23, 2008
  7. kevinc628

PrincessNybor

I'm willing to see how this plays out over the next few days. I just ordered a new 3-cell, 120 gig XP unit from Microcenter for $399, due to be delivered tomorrow morning. If Microcenter lists the same unit at the lower price, or the 6-cell, 160 gig unit at the same price, I may take it up with them directly and request an exchange or price match.

It's not like these units have exactly been in abundant supply since their release. Until retailers actually have ample units in stock at the lower price, I'm taking these "price drops" with a grain of salt. Even at the "higher" price, I chose the AA1 because it was still, by far, the best Atom-based netbook for the money.

PrincessNybor, Aug 23, 2008
  8. kevinc628

Sid

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
  9. kevinc628

Aspired1_SRK

I picked up my AAO last Sunday from Micro Center. I love this little machine. KInda sucks that I had the machine 4-5 days and the price dropped. I will check with Micro Center to see about the price match other wise AMEX will help as they did with the iPhone price drop.

Aspired1_SRK, Aug 23, 2008
  10. kevinc628

PrincessNybor

GREAT NEWS for those who ordered from Microcenter. I just called them (1-800-634-3478), and they agreed to do a price adjustment. They are refunding the difference directly to my card, and said I would receive an e-mail confirmation shortly. :D

For anyone who purchased their AA1 from a major retailer, I think this is good news. As soon as you see the new price reflected on their website or in the store, give them a call or pay them a visit. I think many of them do have price adjustment policies.

PrincessNybor, Aug 23, 2008
  11. kevinc628

Wolydarg

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-Asp ... tDetail.do

Yep, Circuit City has dropped a WHOLE TEN DOLLARS.....

As a former CC employee, they will refund you $11.00 if you ask for it, but unless a local competitor (not someone like newegg.com or amazon.com, but like an electronics store across the street or 5 minutes in the area) drops the price to $329, I think this is the best we're going to get.

Wolydarg, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question