Price drop on XP and Linpus version

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kevinc628, Aug 22, 2008.

1. kevinc628

kevinc628

kevinc628, Aug 22, 2008
  2. kevinc628

cjmain

but how long would you have had to wait?!? It is hard enough to get hold of the current models never mind waiting until one of these are available.

cjmain, Aug 22, 2008
  3. kevinc628

TheEminent1

This hurts...looks like I I bought mine 2 weeks to early...painful, just painful.

TheEminent1, Aug 22, 2008
  4. kevinc628

kevinc628

I just got mine last friday. I bought 2. that's double painful. it hurts.

kevinc628, Aug 22, 2008
  5. kevinc628

rjm

No, its not a stupendous amount of money, but its a lot to pay for a few extra days use of a netbook.

I'm not sure the extra money they made selling the first batch at higher prices will balance the negative fallout generated by disgruntled early adopters.

I suspect it was not planned in advance, but still...

rjm, Aug 22, 2008
  6. kevinc628

cjmain

I agree it was probably not planned, they have looked at the negatives in some reviews such as the battery life and the 6-cell battery version will now come at the previous price as of 3 cell version. But is a shame for the early birds indeed, would be nice if they offered to swap 3-cells for 6 cell :)

cjmain, Aug 22, 2008
  7. kevinc628

SESummers

They could make it up to us...

With a $50 off coupon toward a 6 cell battery. (Or in my case, two of them!)

SESummers, Aug 22, 2008
  8. kevinc628

swimfast

Nice going Acer. Not!
    A free 6 cell battery offer to those who bought 2 weeks ago would be a nice gesture.

swimfast, Aug 22, 2008
  9. kevinc628

kevinc628

i definitely need a 6-cell battery. oh wait i need 2.

kevinc628, Aug 22, 2008
  10. kevinc628

dealersing

Well come to the 'Techy Gadget World'!! That's what it is if you buy it when it first comes out. You pay the premium for the first one to own it. We should get used to it. The bottom line is - you buy it if you need it; and don't complain about "I should've waited". I still do complain sometimes; but it's the reality. Face it.

dealersing, Aug 22, 2008
  11. kevinc628

hmmwv

Speaking of early adopters, this is just the begining, by Christmas time we probably gonna see netbooks with the new Atom platform (formerly known as Centrino Atom) that has dual core Atom and new power saving chipset for the same price.
    I agree that Acer should offer some kind of deal for swapping the 3-cell for a 6-cell.

hmmwv, Aug 22, 2008
  12. kevinc628

lazy

wow, this is bullshit, i bought this a week ago, and they're offering a 6 cell for the same price i bought the 3 cell xp version

at least asus offered a rebate for those who bought the 7xx or 9xx when it dropped price

acer better offer something like that

lazy, Aug 22, 2008
  13. kevinc628

3earnhardt3

I purchased mine during tax free weekend from Circuit City, so at least that saved me $25. But can you honestly expect acer to keep the high prices with numerous netbooks with the same specs coming out in the $299 (US) price range in the next months. But there are 30 day return policies from most stores for malfunctioning items....

3earnhardt3, Aug 22, 2008
  14. kevinc628

BobbyW

Thank goodness for Press Releases though.

I have a 512mb/8gb Linpus Blue now and really like it. I carry it in the saddle bag of my Honda Goldwing. The solid state drive is what attracted it to me to the AA1 as motorcycles bounce around pretty good and no moving platter disk drive is a bonus to me. I just keep this AA1 plugged into the accessory plug in the Goldwings trunk and always have a handy fully charrged laptop with me.

But...I was just, within an hour, getting ready to head into Houston and pick up a 1gb/120gb XP for home and office use.

I just happen to check the Forum for any new posts and found this one with the press release and the notification of the new AA1's with bigger drives and 6 cell batteries.

I will just be a little patient and sit tight for a week or two or three and get the newest one at $399.

My thanks to the original poster, "wastedgnome", for the link. !!!

BobbyW, Aug 22, 2008
  15. kevinc628

Tikerz

I thought I got a good deal when I bought mine open-box at Circuity City for $339USD. Some old lady bought it, didn't know how to use it, and returned it.

Those who bought at a retail store like Circuity City recently may still be able to get a price adjustment.

Tikerz, Aug 22, 2008
  16. kevinc628

atarione

lol... well.... now I feel bad for how dumb i called all the early iphone adopters

2weeks acer two weeks after I get my AAO and you drop the price $50 HAHAAHAHA.... sigh oh well mine was a bday present my g/f has been liking the AAO maybe I can get a 2nd one for her now :D

atarione, Aug 22, 2008
  17. kevinc628

Sid

Have you ever heard the term "bleeding edge" - it is like "leading edge" technology, but more painful, yes it happens!

Ask yourself, since you bought it, ...................

Did you use the One?
    Was it useful at all?
    Were you forced to buy the One?

Value for money is very personal,
    if you didn't use the One, then obviously you got no real value for money.
    If it was rubbish, why didn't you return it?
    If you were forced to buy it, shame on you, you weak willed wuss :)

Consider the time you have had the One an investment to improve your education, or yet another item you wasted money on, i the end it is your choice :mrgreen:

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  18. kevinc628

dealersing

100% agree. Better not think about how much you paid once you bought it. You will never be happy :D

dealersing, Aug 22, 2008
  19. kevinc628

Sid

As a pro photographer I remember that the first 1gb compact flash card I bought cost £330 (about $700), look at the price now, am I p!ssed at the price reduction, nope I got value for money.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  20. kevinc628

lazy

wow, you guys just let the company screw you over like this, guess you have money to throw eh?

like i said, asus gave their customers a 100$ rebate for their 900 series when they lowered their prices
    that's called respecting their customers who purchased their hardware early, and it shows the company is responible

if acer does not do this, that just shows they have no respect for their customers, i for one will make this my first and last acer product purchase
    acer has a bad enough rep for their hardware and warranty, not honouring the rebate or some sort of battery exchange program is just a kick in the balls for people who purchased a week or 2 before this announcement

lazy, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question