Price, Dates, Specs, and Model #'s Here.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Devo, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Devo

Devo

"Details of the upcoming 10-inch Acer Aspire One D150 have emerged, as the three different versions of the netbook to be available in France are detailed. The range, which starts at around €329 ($425), will go on sale in February with the entry-level D150-0B, with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 CPU, 1GB of memory, 160GB hard-drive and 3-cell battery. That will be followed in March by two further versions, the D150-1B and D150-2BG, with the latter having such features as an improved Atom processor and integrated mobile broadband.

Full details of the Acer Aspire One D150-1B and D150-2BG after the cut

The D150-1B will be generally identical to the D150-0B, aside from the addition of a 6-cell battery (48.8 W, 4400 mAh; up to 7hrs use claim Acer). That means both with have a 10.1-inch 1024 x 600 LED backlit display, WiFi b/g and Bluetooth 2.0. It will retail for around €349 ($450).

Meanwhile the Acer Aspire One D150-2BG has two significant changes: firstly, it uses the Intel Atom 1.66GHz N280 processor rather than the N270, and secondly that it includes integrated 3G quadband UMTS/HSDPA mobile broadband. That, together with the 6-cell battery from the D150-1B, pushes the weight up to 1.33kg and the price up to €449 ($575).

If you’re not interested in the integrated 3G (and we expect to see carrier deals subsidizing the cost of the netbook in return for a two-year mobile data contract) then the D150-1B seems worth waiting for. The price difference for opting for the larger battery is minimal, but the extra runtime should be impressive. It’s unclear whether the model numbers will be the same outside of France, but it’s likely that the models themselves will be the same"

- Slashgear

http://www.slashgear.com/acer-aspire-on ... 0-2631882/

What do you guys think about the prices?

Devo, Jan 26, 2009
  2. Devo

markh

I suspect the price of the 3G model, which looks suprisingly high, is more for quoting as part of 3G deals: "£X per month for 2 years, get a free laptop worth £Y" I'm disappointed not to hear about a windows-less version of some sort coming out, but as MS are practically giving XP away at the moment, I'd doubt it would bring the price very far down.

The big question on the prices is really how far the retailers will be able to discount - Acer appear to have sold 8.9"ers to retailers at a price that allows them to price-cut very aggressively, but will this be the point where Acer want to convert that popularity to big profit?

markh, Jan 26, 2009
  3. Devo

Foxtropics

I was looking forward to the N280, but I have no use for the 3G right now... I'm not exactly happy that the N280 is only packaged with the 3G package, that's not cool... I was hoping to get a 6-cell model with the N280 for around $450. Now it seems its going to cost me almost $600? We can only hope that these are just guesses for the price, I really hope that it doesn't end up costing almost $600 for the end model.
    Also, in before naeemsta raises his post count.

Foxtropics, Jan 26, 2009
  4. Devo

naeemsta

see i was right that its expensive the n280 model i will just get to do this.
    try to buy the N280 version with 3cell battery and without 3G :D
    i have a 3G usb its real mini :D just like the bluetooth one.
    NOW I WILL HAVE TO GODDAMNIT Wait till March for the best of the best version n280....

naeemsta, Jan 26, 2009
  5. Devo

jeremysdad

To the mods: I apologize in advance...

@ naeemsta:
    :x :x :x
    Your useless spamming is one thing, but YOU WILL NOT use MY Lord's name in vain while doing so. Not at all appropriate, appreciated, or necessary.

jeremysdad, Jan 26, 2009
  6. Devo

tetsujin

Which name was that, exactly? And why do you get to decide, anyway?

tetsujin, Jan 26, 2009
  7. Devo

markh

Naeemsta, while not sharing jd's particular aversion to your language, I wonder if you'd consider a few things out of courtesy to your fellow forum users, such as trying for coherent sentences, and not saying the same thing over and over again. I honestly have no idea what your post actually said, and surely that's not the effect you're looking for. And in case you ask: no, I'm not a mod or anything, I'm just asking nicely.

JD, you may wish to consider clicking on our friends name, and investigating the ignore option ("add to foe list" in this boards software, I think), if you wish to hear no more of him.

markh, Jan 26, 2009
  8. Devo

jeremysdad

@ markh

You're right. I was just in an ill mood already (dealing with an inconsolable teething 8 mo old). He is going on my ignore list.

To that other guy :roll: -- Pretty sure that you're not supposed to use the name of any religion's Lord in vain; so, I didn't decide anything, the scriptures did. And before you go off looking for a religious debate: The Jewish Bible, the Christian Old Testament, and the First half of the Korran are all the same exact text. That covers Islam, Judaism, and all the Christianities. So, unless Buddha declared using his name as profanity was okay, then yeah, whatever...fvck this shti...

jeremysdad, Jan 26, 2009
  9. Devo

markh

The poster, or the 8 month old?

( ;) , from one dad to another)

markh, Jan 26, 2009
  10. Devo

jeremysdad

That would be BOTH!!! LOL... :lol:

jeremysdad, Jan 26, 2009
  11. Devo

naeemsta

i am not spamming ok.
    i was saying too expensive thats all.
    anyways. its way too expensive i better reconsider getting this.
    and get an acer laptop.

naeemsta, Jan 28, 2009
Ask a Question