Pre-Ordered on Amazon - When will it ship?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by joe_news, Sep 22, 2008.

1. joe_news

joe_news

I finally bite the bullet and ordered myself a Aspire One! But it says its on pre-order...does anyone have any solid info on how long its release is going to take? I read somewhere the middle of October, but I'm hoping they are wrong. Also, I noticed Amazon didn't charge me, I guess they wait until it actually ships? I'm a broke college kid, having that money unspent is killing me :D

joe_news, Sep 22, 2008
  2. joe_news

AFflyer71

I have a White AA1 on order with Amazon. I haven't heard a peep from them. If you don't mind black check out CDW. They said they should be getting their shipment today and reshipping on the 24th. You will have to pay taxes and shipping. Sucks being broke. I've been out of college for about 15 years now. Making the big bucks!! Don't blow your AA1 cash on beer, the computer will last longer!!! Besides, think of the chics that will like your little Acer and it's a great way to pick up the girls!! Cheers!!!

AFflyer71, Sep 22, 2008
  3. joe_news

penandpaper

i cancelled my order with amazon. i seriously wonder if there's really any inventory coming in at all.

penandpaper, Sep 25, 2008
  4. joe_news

eos

CDW says the white 6-cell 160GB XP One will be shipping in 3-5 days. I know, I know, no guarantees, where are you in the queue, etc., but at least you have some glimmer of hope. Amazon on the other hand is a black hole. I pre-ordered on the 9th and have heard almost nothing from them. The best they could muster was an email: Congratulations on your recent laptop purchase, now let us help you outfit it! I just got off the phone with them and this is what I got: "well if other re-sellers are starting to ship, then I guess it'll be anytime now for us too." Now that's reassuring, they went out on a limb with that estimate. Could penandpaper be right? Maybe the One is just vaporware over at Amazon. I mean really, has anyone here ever bought anything other than a book from Amazon LLC (not a third party) and actually received the item? I guess I'm going to have to pay the extra $40 to get it from CDW.

eos, Sep 25, 2008
  5. joe_news

onlineaddy

I hope you're kidding...

onlineaddy, Sep 25, 2008
  6. joe_news

joe_news

I've never had bad issues w/ Amazon. Clearly its Acer who is to blame here, they didn't expect demand to be so high, and switching things up with a new 6-cell/larger HDD clearly broke the camels back for a little while as far as regular shipments go and while I'd be willing to buy from CDW [a high quality place too] I don't want to have to pay more and not get the color I want [Blue]. i'll just tough it out :] ... if everyone cancels their order maybe ill be one of the first to get them from Amazon

joe_news, Sep 25, 2008
  7. joe_news

eos

Finally got a estimated ship date from Amazon, November 26th! Canceled the Amazon order and will try CDW, wish me luck.

eos, Sep 26, 2008
  8. joe_news

onlineaddy

What color was your preorder w/Amazon.com?

onlineaddy, Sep 26, 2008
  9. joe_news

eos

White.

eos, Sep 26, 2008
  10. joe_news

idontlikewords

FYI, Never got a date on the White XP/160/6 cell I pre-ordered a few weeks ago from Amazon so I canceled today & ordered the same model from CDW. They called a few hours later to confirm my billing address and let me know it would ship out on Monday or Tuesday as they are expecting "a big shipment coming in" at that point. $50 extra, but worth it if the Amazon ones are backordered to November!

idontlikewords, Sep 26, 2008
  11. joe_news

quadrophenia

i haven't heard anything from Amazon as of yet.

W/ all the online stores, it seems really odd that CDW is the only one that has actual stock. I'm not talking any conspiracies here, just think its odd.

I'll stick w/ my order at Amazon. Would be great to have it now, but 50bucks can fill my tank up, more cost effective to wait.

quadrophenia, Sep 27, 2008
  12. joe_news

penandpaper

both cdw and amazon are selling it for $399.95

where/how is it $50 more on cdw?

penandpaper, Sep 27, 2008
  13. joe_news

zachary2287

Sales tax and shipping

zachary2287, Sep 27, 2008
  14. joe_news

penandpaper

cdw shows as "ship within 1 to 3 days"

i wonder if this is real.

penandpaper, Sep 28, 2008
  15. joe_news

idontlikewords

So far so good on the swap to CDW. My order status shows a projected ship date of tomorrow (9/30). Meanwhile I noted that Amazon had switched out the default vendor on the 6-cell White model to "Electronica Direct" which allegedly has it in stock now, but the price has jumped to $479!

idontlikewords, Sep 29, 2008
  16. joe_news

deputyjones

I just placed my first order through Amazon this weekend and got an email today stating the estimated arrival date is 10/21/2008 - 10/28/2008.

I am not excited about that, but I'm also too much of a cheap skate to pay CDW extra for no reason.

deputyjones, Sep 30, 2008
  17. joe_news

AFflyer71

I just got an arrival date of 23-31 Oct for the white AA1 160GB. I still have one on order thru CDW and I expect it to ship first. CDW will also ship to my Military address and I would have to have Amazon ship to my brother and have it reshipped. I think I'm going to stick with CDW for now. Good luck everyone!! Cheers

AFflyer71, Sep 30, 2008
  18. joe_news

ani88

I complained to Amazon and the rep. sounds really embarrassed about the situation with Acer putting them on backorder. I haven't received an ETA yet after 3 e-mails to customer reps., but they have given me $10 in credit towards future purchases. I advise you do the same.

ani88, Oct 1, 2008
  19. joe_news

infernoalfredo

I just got an email with the ETA 10/28 to 11/3... hopefully they won't push it back further

infernoalfredo, Oct 1, 2008
  20. joe_news

quadrophenia

I got the same email stating the end of October for when it will ship. I decided to order from CDW. It says its in stock. 37 more dollars, but it was getting annoying that i would hvae to wait an extra month for 37 dollars so i bit the bullet.

quadrophenia, Oct 1, 2008
Ask a Question