Power tools for aspire one

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pack2004, Aug 18, 2008.

1. pack2004

pack2004

Hi.

Acer has te drivers for the xp but none of the typical tools (eNetManager, ePresentations, ePower, ...)

I´m looking for these tools of other Notebook compatible with the One or a generical app for Control the Cpu porccesing power, battery life, etc...)

Maybe from intel?... Maybe the Atom and Intel Mobo dont use?... or maybe the XP power management is all for this netbook?

Thanks for all the info, i need to optimize the 3 cell bats

Packman

pack2004, Aug 18, 2008
  2. pack2004

lolknight

would the Asus EEE 1000 power management software work? anyone tried?

lolknight, Aug 21, 2008
  3. pack2004

midgetdiablo

Acer's pre-installed application suite has been known to hog a lot of memory. Most people who buy Acer products delete these to make their OS faster on Core 2 Duo machines. I don't think the suite will fair well with the Atom processor and 1GB of memory. You're not going to get any increase in performance or battery life. Look elsewhere.

midgetdiablo, Aug 21, 2008
  4. pack2004

pack2004

the acer epower manager is the logical option for down the cpu power, the brigthness, disconect lan, wifi, etc... is a common app of the acer suite and not necessary use a lot of memory (a lot of years of acer notebooks tell me) but....

If not use this app..... how i can reduce the productivity of the prosessor, create profiles, etc.. for optimize the battery?

there are a standar tool for this?, it depends of the atom cpu?

Thanks

pack2004, Aug 21, 2008
  5. pack2004

Oakwidow

In another post in this forum, it seems that "Notebook Hardware Control" would be the program to do everything that you are looking to do. However, We would need somebody to write the ACPI interface code specific for the Aspire One.

Link to the NHC:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1594

Oakwidow, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question