Power recharge area is tweaky

Discussion in 'Acer' started by essendoubleop, Nov 12, 2012.

1. essendoubleop

essendoubleop

The socket that receives the power charge is having problems in my Acer Aspire 4530. I've had it for about 4 years now. I used to have get a new battery recharger every 5-6 months to replace the ones that no longer send power. I usually have to wiggle around the power cord that connects to the socket until it receives the charge, then usually try to keep it formed around the area to maintain the connection. The connection is usually tenuous and loses the charge if I adjust the laptop too much.

I recently bought a new battery, and a new recharger and it didn't help. I think the socket area is the problem. Is this fixable or should I look towards buying a new laptop?

essendoubleop, Nov 12, 2012
  2. essendoubleop

john

Have you checked in any other socket?

john, Nov 14, 2012
  3. essendoubleop

essendoubleop

Actually the USB ports have an occasional problem of reading the devices, depending on what it is I'm plugging in, although it's a bit more reliable. Certainly not nearly as tweaky as my power cord.

essendoubleop, Nov 14, 2012
Ask a Question