Power on, blue screen, shuts down - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by leicesterfan, Nov 15, 2009.

1. leicesterfan

leicesterfan

EDIT no.2 : Fixed :lol:

Turns out the fan wasn't running, hence the turn offs. Just smacked the laptop about a bit then it booted. A bit worrying though....? Will have to keep my eye on it, I'm still in warranty...

EDIT: may want to read the last sentence of the post first? :cry:

Hi all. Had my Linpus Linux Acer Aspire one running for about 6 months now.

Enabled the recovery menu, have dosbox and a few other programs but nothing major.

I last used my laptop on friday afternoon and I was in an open office document, then shut it off as per usual.

Now whenever I turn it on, the linpus boots up, goes to the blue 'acer aspire one' splash screen, then after 15 or so seconds just pfft and turns itself off. I have two batteries, and I tried with AC power in, so it's definately not a power issue.

I did do a search, but didn't really see anything relating to my issue.

All I have is the bundled recovery cd.

Please help me :( Exam time and I need my laptop more than ever! Thanks

EDIT: Just plugged an external usb drive in, with the recovery disk to get to the recovery menu, and the laptop STILL turns off after 20-30 seconds.

I'm fudged aren't I? If I can't get the laptop to stay on, what can I do? :S

leicesterfan, Nov 15, 2009
  2. leicesterfan

TechMark

this is 1 of the most common problems... i've seen it happen to about 20 of my machines

TechMark, Nov 16, 2009
  3. leicesterfan

Scissors

Turns out the fan wasn't running, hence the turn offs. Just smacked the laptop about a bit then it booted. A bit worrying though....? Will have to keep my eye on it, I'm still in warranty...

I've fixed the problem by properly lubricating the fans.

That's usually one of my first approchments now. That and installing Arctic Silver 5 in place of those crappy thermal pads.

Scissors, Nov 18, 2009
Ask a Question