Power Cord Broke

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by nexx, Feb 27, 2009.

1. nexx

nexx

Hi,

The power cord for my aspire one has screwed up. The problem seems to be the part of the cord that comes out of the part that plugs into the laptop, if I wiggle it around a bit I can usually get it to charge so long as I don't move it.

Anyone know if this would be covered by warranty or how I could fix it myself? If not does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a new one is?

Thanks.

nexx, Feb 27, 2009
  2. nexx

melhiore

melhiore, Feb 27, 2009
  3. nexx

nexx

Thanks for the link.

To get me through the weekend I used this guide to fix my current adapter. My soldering isn't great though so I don't think it will last too long...

nexx, Feb 28, 2009
  4. nexx

nevarDeath

The acer warranty doesn't specifically state anything about the AC adapter. It just says it covers the "...Product you purchased..." "Product" is never defined in the warranty, but even if the ac adapter is considered part of the "Product" and is covered you probably just voided it by soldering on it. There's a part that states, "...This This Limited Warranty does not extend to any Product that has been damaged or rendered defective...(c)by modification of the Product;(d) as a result of service by anyone other than Acer or an Acer Authorized Service Provider..."

nevarDeath, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question