Power adapter broken?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sterckx, Aug 21, 2008.

1. sterckx

sterckx

I just got my Aspire One in the mail and was so excited about getting it, that I opened the box and booted the AA1 as fast as possible.
    Everything worked great and within half an hour I had k0ro's custom desktop running and I was surfing away ...

Now the problem:
    Once my battery was on 10% I decided to pull the power adapter out of the box and put it to good use, but only ...
    It didn't seem to work! No extra lights went on and the battery % slowly lowered untill the AA1 stopped working.

So now I'm stuck with a working AA1 which I only got to use for about an hour or 2-3.
    I'm not going to try any other power adapters, because I'm scared to damage the battery.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

sterckx, Aug 21, 2008
  2. sterckx

SbM

No. Are you positive the charger's cable was firmly plugged to the wall (and that your mains socket was working ? ;)). I know it might sound stupid, but you never know. Check all three connections (mains, cable/adapter and adapter/One).

SbM, Aug 22, 2008
  3. sterckx

sterckx

Yes, everything was plugged in and the mains socket was indeed working :)
    Thanks for the help!

I already have had contact with the webstore I've bought my AA1 from and they're going to call Acer about this ...
    This means I'll probably have to miss my AA1 for a 2-3 weeks reparation and won't just get a new power adapter.

sterckx, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question