Possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced? (funny)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MichaelAngelo, Sep 17, 2016.

1. MichaelAngelo

MichaelAngelo

tldr: New XPS 9350, I had a bad touchpad experience, phoned support, I ended up with a formatted computer and a nonresponsive keyboard and then I was asked to ship the computer back for a week and a half. I have the Complete Care Service Plan. Laughed a little...

Received my new XPS 9350 yesterday and the touchpad wouldn't respond to small movements, especially diagnonal ones, and it would jerk around as it did and jump in unexpected directions. I tried the Synaptics fix that is posted on this board, but it made the motions unpredictable so I went back to the original config.

This morning I called Dell Support and after testing and trying different things that didn't help, the technician decided to reset Windows 10.

After the reset, the keyboard stopped responding so i couldn't log into Windows.

The rep then asked me to ship the computer back and I would have it looked at in 7 business days, which is a week and a half without a computer. I reminded him I had the Complete Care service plan and his reply was that because they did not know what the issue was I would need to send it back.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I've had a lot of bad experiences in my days, but this one tops LOL. I hope they didn't lie about being able to get a full refund, because then I'd actually be mad.

I hope we can all laugh a little about this... it really does take the cake.

MichaelAngelo, Sep 17, 2016
  2. MichaelAngelo

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

It is annoying when you pay for a service and receive a substandard
    one,and no it's not funny

If you have sometime look at the very poor service the hotpoint and
    indesit tumble dryers owners in the uk suffered, for over a year to wait for a repair

something back, Sep 17, 2016
Ask a Question