possibly looking for a new hard drive

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Twan013, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Twan013

Twan013

Hey guys. It appears that I will soon be looking into buying a new hard drive for the 751h. Apparently I had a virus that killed it.

Problem is, I don't know what to really look for. I think I need a 2.5", but other than that, I don't know what is and isn't compatible. I just want something as cheap as possible, either brand new, or refurbed as long as its guaranteed not to be messed up. I don't care much about size, I don't think I ever used over 10GB on mine before it messed up. I would consider an SSD, but with their prices, that's out of the question.

Any suggestions? remember CHEAP IS BEST, as long as it works!

Twan013, Feb 14, 2010
  2. Twan013

ttman

viruses do not cause physical damage, just logical damage. have u tried just re-formatting it & re-installing the OS?

ttman, Feb 14, 2010
  3. Twan013

TrackSmart

Agreed. You may be able to recover the old hard drive. You'll need to bootable USB drive or an external CD/DVD drive so you can reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows. It would be silly to buy a new driver before trying this. You'll have to do it anyway if you buy a new drive, might as well do a practice run on the old one!

You can probably obtain a recovery DVD or CD from Acer for a small fee. Call up tech support to find out.

TrackSmart, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question