[Please help][PORTING] ACER Android Dual boot 2.3 IMGs

Discussion in 'Android' started by Quinny899, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Quinny899

Quinny899

Can anyone with a netbook with a dual booting android 2.3 system (android 2.3 has a black status bar) upload and post the whole contents of their netbook's "downloads for android" drive? It should have 3 IMGs inside it: var.img, q2l.img & Firefox.img. If you can't post Firefox, that's fine, I don't really need that. I would like to have them to port 2.3 to the Acer AOD255. Thank you guys! In return, I'll get the android market onto it for you ;) (I've already done it for my D255's 2.1 dual-boot, see my post on forum.xda-developers.com)
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD

Quinny899, Oct 26, 2011
  2. Quinny899

gajackson

Quinny, I may well be able to help you with yours, if you can help get me sorted on my end???

I have the Aspire ONE D255, which came pre-loaded w/ Android 1.6. After hooking it to the internet, I used the ACER Android Configuration tool to download & run updates. But all it did was patch 1.6; it hasn't updated the version at all!!!

I obviously want to bring it up to whatever version is available (as well as get Android Market up & properly running!!!), and if you can tell me how to go about it, I will stop at 2.3 and send you directly those images.

Cheers!

Glen Jackson,
    Brunei Darussalam

gajackson, Oct 30, 2011
Ask a Question