***please help*** my booting on the aspire one seems slow

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mtlone, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mtlone

mtlone

I havethe aspire one and since then i have erased the mcafee free trial version and installed a Avira antivirus.

and it seems also that when my aspire crashed on me ounce I had to hard reset it with the power button since then the start up for windows is about 1 to even2 minutes long. When i first got it was like 17seconds...

can you guys help me figure this out

thank you

mtlone, Mar 9, 2009
  2. mtlone

GvidoR

Since you got it recently, I presume you haven't stored lots of files on it yet.
    Anyway, do a backup of any important file in case of a total crash.
    The easiest way would be to do a recovery. ALT+F10 as it boots.

GvidoR, Mar 9, 2009
  3. mtlone

maxpower2003

The more files you store on the Acer and the more programs you install will increase boot time. It's true with any computer, not just your Acer. But try a recovery and start fresh. And remember to back your files up!!!

maxpower2003, Mar 11, 2009
  4. mtlone

caveatipse

Any computer, except a Mac. Haha sorry had to throw that in.

caveatipse, Mar 15, 2009
  5. mtlone

Firo

Well, of course program installed would increase your booting time, but only when you let them to do so. I would recommend you to regularly use one of the programs which let you decide what to start with a system and what not. (I have been using Tuneup Utility but the same options do have also some free programs and you can do it also directly from windows, but it is less comfortable (msconfig)). Looking into my start up I do have almost nothing there and time mentioned by you (17s) is the realistic one - maybe closer to 20s, but certainly not 2 minutes. Regular check is recommended, because some programs install their start up entries each time when their update is done.

Firo, Mar 19, 2009
Ask a Question