Please help me with laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Samir, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Samir

Samir

I want to buy a laptop for a few years. I need not for gaming, but for IT purpose. Like Cisco network engineering tools, cybersecurity, and I want to start learning Python in the future. So, I want portable kinda 13’ ultrabook. So 16GB Ram and 8th gen Intel processor would be amazing. I want to use VM with Linux on them and etc. Macbook Pro 2017 with 128 gb and 8gb ram was my purpose, but im thinking it wont be for a long use with 8 gb of ram. I doesn’t want a laptop more than 1300-1400 USD. Lenovo thinkpad is good, but I don’t know how its works with 7th gen Intel and its not a thin. Hp Spectre 2017 people saying is heating, but I really love it. Dell XPS 2017 with 8 ram is good, but again will be 8 ram is enough for maybe 5 years? So please help me with some advice. Thanks

P.S. I cant get Mac with 16 because of price or any other, I need something in this price.

Samir, Jan 12, 2018
  2. Samir

Cueyo

What is your price range, I know you don't want to game, but in terms of price to performance, most gaming laptops are much better. However, a good laptop is the Razer Blade (2018), as it is very small and has some high-end components, all for around $800-$1000. And remember, most laptops have upgradeable RAM slots, meaning you can upgrade the RAM from 8GB to 16GB in the future.

Cueyo, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Samir

Amy Bros

Buying a laptop is like one-time investment, you can’t upgrade all hardware as you like later, not like desktop PC. Therefore, it’s always recommended to select the correct hardware options and specification which can meet your future requirement also. As per your requirements here is the top 3 laptops you can go for.
    1. HP Notebook 15.6″ HD Laptop – Best Laptop Under $700
    2. Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 Laptop Under 700 – 8th Gen Quad-Core Processor
    3. Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E570.
    Hope this will help you.

Amy Bros, Mar 28, 2018
Ask a Question