Please help me order the right set up

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pw617, Oct 15, 2008.

1. pw617

pw617

I'm getting ready to order my AA1 and want to make sure I get the right options. Planning on getting the XP 1G RAM 120 HD. I know there isn't a cd drive, so I assume I need something (what?) external in order to use games. I've read the posts on what games run well, but are these off disk or flash...how? I'm NOT technical so please make any suggestions low-tech as possible. Thanks much! :? Also looking at a Dell Mini 9...any views on that?

pw617, Oct 15, 2008
  2. pw617

Kei

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZP ... &_osacat=0

Well you could buy an external drive and use it

or if you have another pc you can install the game then move it to the AAO by a flash drive or connect both pc's on a router and file share the game over to the AAO really easy i use that method between my pc's

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
  3. pw617

pw617

Thanks for the link. Probably will get the external drive. I'm curious about using the flash drive though. Will games run off a flash just as they would from the disc, or will it ask for the disc?

pw617, Oct 16, 2008
  4. pw617

Kei

They will run but you will need cracks that will bypass cd checks and so on i personaly believe that using these little bypassers of sorts is fine as long as you legally own the game :mrgreen: using a flash drive would be less costly i believe and to cover all install sizes i would go no smaller then 4gb's

If you would like you could always just start trying to move games over and if you have a problem launching a game post in the windows game section

here is a very important site you will end up using wether or not you use an external drive..you can use a patch so you will not need the drive with the disk in it to run the game and stuff like that

I have about 50GB's of games installed on my external HDD and when i get my AAO will clone most of them over to it

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question