Please help me convince Acer to provide a driver!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Acer has multiple suppliers for webcams, hence the LITEON and SUYIN drivers. But, Acer is secretly popping an third unsupported webcam into some of the AA150s! It works fine at first, but has NO DRIVERS provided in the System Recovery or List of Drivers! This means if you do a system recovery, or otherwise uninstall your driver, there is NO WAY to reinstall this webcam!

Webcams with drivers:
    1) SuYin Webcam: ID# VID_064e&PID_d101
    2) LiteOn Webcam: ID# vid_0c45&pid_62c0 or vid_0c45&pid_6310

Webcam with no driver:
    3) Acer Labs International "M5608 USB2.0 PC Camera Backend Controller": ID# Vid_0402&Pid_5608

Proof of more people with this camera:
    DEEJAY: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4471&p=29847
    gustavoas: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3229&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p36350
    I suspect everyone with camera problems have it as well, but they didn't post their PID# so I cant be sure.

ANYONE with this Device Instance ID# in Device Manager, please reply just so I know more people have it. What can we do to get Acer to actually give us the driver!!?

*Edit*
    It is possible that we originally had a SuYin or LiteOn CCD sensor which burned out, and somehow the PID defaulted back to the Acer backend controller circuit board. Please tell me if you have a working webcam with this PID, which would debunk this hypothesis.

Guest, Nov 2, 2008
  2. Guest

matrix321

I´ve the same Problem ! Look at this thread maybe we make it 2gether !
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6488&p=48163#p48163
    Greetz MAtrix321

matrix321, Nov 26, 2008
  3. Guest

Mudbubble

You said that the camera functions by default, but that if case of reformatting there is no way to replace the driver correct?

In that case, someone here that has that camera but hasn't had to reformat yet can provide a driver. All they need is to manually backup the driver and then post it for you guys. Alternatively they can use a program called "Driver Genius" to do the driver back up for them.

If any one has this camera and would like to make the backup, PM me and I will provide Driver Genius for you to use.

Mudbubble, Dec 20, 2008
  4. Guest

robshot

waking the old (probably dead) thread, I also have the EXACT problem. Windows XP SP2, Fat32 partition, and webcam stopped working without any means of reviving, even can't reinstall any drivers. same exact PID.

robshot, Dec 14, 2009
  5. Guest

Tamrac

webcam stopped working after doing what? If it has worked before, and not now.... could also mean the webcam is dead.

Tamrac, Dec 14, 2009
Ask a Question