Please help! Dell Laptop Sound.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Rowan, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Rowan

Rowan

Hello, I am fairly new to this forums. I would like to ask anybody who is good with computers a question. My Dell Inspiron has been working for a long time. About a month ago my laptop lost its ability to transmit sound. I would have accepted that the external speaker may have a problem, but when I plug in headphones not much happens either. The one issue that I am very confused on is when I plug in headphones to my PC and I try to turn the volume up or down, I can hear the ding to show you how loud the volume is, but when I get into a game such as CSGO no sound comes. This isn't just with games either; videos from YouTube or other websites don't work either. I know that sound will come only when headphones are plugged in and you change the volume, but that's it. I have tried many video fixes such as disabling and enabling drivers. None have worked. Please help!

Rowan, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Rowan

nytegeek

Does your laptop have a hardware switch or buttons for the sound that you may have overlooked?

nytegeek, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Rowan

Rezonate

Might want to update your audio sound card driver online. This happened to me and I thought it was a hardware issue turns out to be software issue

Rezonate, Jan 7, 2016
Ask a Question