Please Help. Acer Aspire One turning it self off / standby.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by JJOliver, May 21, 2009.

1. JJOliver

JJOliver

Hi please please help.

A friend loaned me his aspire one running linpus linux something or other. Anyway, the reason he loaned it to me was to get movie files to play. It seemed logical to goto the acer page where they have a list of app's that can be downloaded. I downloaded the zipped vlc.sh file and put it on an SD card. I installed off the SD card and when it said install was complete but needed to reboot I whipped out the SD card but forgot to eject it / safely remove it.

So anyway after reboot it seems to be broken. The fan flicks on and stays on and then it seems to boot normally. Except after about 30 seconds in linpus it semi turns itself off. The screen goes black but the WIFI and power light are on. Nothing seems to bring it back to life. I can power off but that just repeats the problem.

Is there a way I can save face without telling him that his aspire one is dead?!

Hopefully

Josh Oliver

JJOliver, May 21, 2009
  2. JJOliver

myska

myska, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question