Pink hue on internal display, normal on external

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tomoor90, May 1, 2018.

1. tomoor90

tomoor90

Hi,

I have this GE72 2QF APACHE PRO laptop for about 2 years. (using it for ~1.5).

The screen had burned green pixel on it from day one :( But never mind that...

I always had it connected to a separate monitor and used that other monitor as the main display, and turning ON and OFF the laptop's when I need an extra screen, in Extend mode.

Yesterday while i was playing some YouTube videos on the laptop display and playing Hearthstone on the main display (the external one) I noticed the colors on the laptop's went pink.

There's also ghosting on the corners so if i leave an app like notepad open for a few mins I can still see the title and such on the corners of the screen when i close the app. (called "Ghosting").

And turning it on and off didn't fixed it.

Opening/Closing the lid slightly (or more than that) doesn't seem to cause any effect on the colors, they are just pink when the display is ON.

I added links to 2 YouTube videos I recorded showing what I'm talking about.

Links:

also some pictures:

Attached Files:

tomoor90, May 1, 2018
  2. tomoor90

tomoor90

I changed the screen and the problem is solved.
    The problem was the screen itself not the cable or anything else.

tomoor90, May 11, 2018
Ask a Question