performance of itunes video playback

Discussion in 'Windows' started by snoble, Aug 27, 2008.

1. snoble

snoble

Has anyone tried playing drm'd itunes videos on the aspire one? is it at all watchable or is the processor just too slow?

thanks,
    Steven

snoble, Aug 27, 2008
  2. snoble

ChopperCharles

I've not yet tried iTunes playback... but this might give you an idea about the performance of the machine. I have the XP version with the 120GB hard drive and 1GB of ram. I use MagicDisc to create a virtual DVD drive, and then use it to copy a DVD to an ISO on the hard drive. Magic disc will then mount that ISO as a virtual drive. It works with CDs... AND DVDs. When I mount a DVD I can play it with Windows Media Player at full frame rate rather handily.

Strangely the InterVideo WinDVD app that came with the laptop doesn't work, but Media Player plays DVDs beautifully. (WinDVD is widely hated on the interwebs) .

I've only played around with iTunes with my mp3 collection so far, but it's very fast, and I can do other things with it playing music in the background without the machine slowing down at all. Hell I can play Quake III SMOOOTH as silk at full detail levels at 800x600. I've not found anything this Aspire One can't do yet.

Charles.

ChopperCharles, Aug 28, 2008
  3. snoble

jackluo923

I have successfully played 720P video encoded in 2.5mbit h264AVC with 5.1audio @25~FPS in windows media player 11. I was using acer aspire on 150X, 120GB HDD< 1GB RAM, Windows XP Home Edition.

I haven't tried playing 1080P video. I believe 1080P video will get about 5-10FPS.

jackluo923, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question