Pen Drive Model and Capacity & Outher stuff...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by criskeune, Sep 14, 2008.

1. criskeune

criskeune

Hello,

I am still trying to understand this Linux system in my AAO. For me, it is not a very user friendly system, even though I had already had a desktop PC with SuSE inside. I am trying to make some modifications (desktop) and install programs (I am still trying to make this little thing print through my wireless router, without success.) So, not being a Linux expert, I am very much afraid of messing up the system, so I would like to have a ready bootable Pen Drive for emergencies. So, my question is: How much capacity should a Pen Drive need to have so I can make the recovery from the CD recovery? I suppose 1 GB is enough, but I still have doubts about that. And what kind of model should it be (What company, etc)... I use pen drives from PQ1 (or PQI) for my files, most of times, but I don't know if I can use these models for a OS recovery.

And for a Windows XP installation, how much capacity should be needed?

The third question: If I were to use an external CD/DVD driver with USB connection to make the recovery or installation of Windows XP or MSOffice, what model should I use?

Thanks in advance,

Cristina

Using Acer Aspire One 8 GB SSD, 1 GB RAM, Linpus Lite OS

criskeune, Sep 14, 2008
  2. criskeune

jccguays

Hi.

I have used two USB.

1. One of 2 GB where I have the bootable Linpus from the recovery CD. A pendrive with 1 GB couldn't be enough.

2. One of 4GB where I have a backup of the modified Linpus.

With those I think is enough.

I normally work with Windows and not with Linux, but I have tried to give it a chance. When you use a little of Linux and you begin to learn a little bit, it's funny, so I have decided in this notebook to leave Linux.

Regards

jccguays, Sep 30, 2008
Ask a Question