Passwords totally lost

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by minimax, Aug 3, 2008.

1. minimax

minimax

Hi

Today,
    I gave with BIOS a Supervisor Password
    I gave a User Password, too.
    Then I set on the parameter: ENABLED (It was originally disabled).

Now
    I try to open my Acer: It asks for Password -
    a. Which password?
    - I tried both of them. Three times it asks and then halts.

I was very careful with writing the passwords. I checked that the caps lock was not on.

Yesterday, without BIOS, I gave a user Password, different from the above.. My computer did not care of it at all. Anybody could use it. Only at screen saver, it asked for the password.

What to do? Is it true that the easiest and cheapest method to proceed, is to put my computer to a bin, and buy a Windows?

I am desperate, as you see.

minimax, Aug 3, 2008
  2. minimax

einarth

I experienced the same thing, and it turned out that the password is using capital letters even if you did not use it when entering it. So if you try to enable Capsloc when entering the password it should be OK.

einarth, Aug 3, 2008
  3. minimax

minimax

Thanks, einarth! It solved the issue! :D

minimax, Aug 3, 2008
  4. minimax

aierim_19

I have done the same thing as minimax, and also tried the caps lock key, but I'm unable to enter user password or bios password. And I'm sure I'm doing it right. What can I do?

And if I try a recovery usb, will I be able to enter the bios (to change the bootable usb) without a password?

Thanx :S

aierim_19, Aug 3, 2008
  5. minimax

riccoh

called tech support on this one. they knew nothing about the ALLCAPS bios lock for which i thank the above posters... but as they were helping me through a hard reset and restore they mentioned holding down alt while pressing F10 on boot. This actually managed to bypass the BIOS password lock (which makes it totally useless anyway) and brought me straight to my home screen... go figure

riccoh, Aug 5, 2008
Ask a Question