Paragon Drive Backup on AAO

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rowantree, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rowantree

rowantree

Hi,

I know I've already got a True Image post but I thought I'd have a go with Paragon.

So downloaded Drive Backup Express from their website. Installed it on my Windows PC. Made a recovery USB key from that. Plugged that into left most USB on Aspire. Booted from it OK. Started the backup wizard thing (forget what its called). Game on, it can see the 120GB hard disk... but goddamn it, it wants 88GB to back it up onto.

I've emailed Paragon to ask what on earth it needs 88GB for to back up used space of about 11GB out of 120GB but wondered if anyone else had had a go with Paragon to take an image of their Aspire?

Am probably going to have to give in and use Partimage or something but it looks as though it was written in 1979 or something... :roll:

Cheers,
    Rowantree

rowantree, Nov 19, 2008
  2. rowantree

redbook

Not used paragon for quite a time but as I remember it does not back up the drive, rather it just creates and image, identical in every way to the original drive. (I may be wrong).

redbook, Nov 24, 2008
Ask a Question