Palm Z22

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Seany sean, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Seany sean

Seany sean

Hi,

I am a new linux user and I would like to try to connect my palm z22 to my aspire one. Can any one help?

Seany sean, Sep 3, 2008
  2. Seany sean

fletch33

what version of linux are you using? the pre-installed linpus?

fletch33, Sep 3, 2008
  3. Seany sean

jaslar

Hiya. I'm trying to do the same thing, also on the Linpus Linux platform. Here's what I've done so far.

1. Did the hack that lets me right click to the Xfce interface, so I could add software. (I assume that's covered many places on this forum.)
    2. Added JPilot -- a nice, fast Palm program for the Linux desktop. Not fancy, but it works to sync Calendar, Tasks, Memo, and Contacts.
    3. At a terminal window, typed

lsmod
    to see if usbserial or visor modules were there. Neither were.

3. To PUT the usbserial module in, I typed "sudo modprobe usbserial" --> successful
    4. To put the visor module in, I typed "sudo modprobe visor" ==> fatal error - visor modules not found
    5. Tried anyway -- attached Palm T|X, hit the sync button on the Palm, hit the sync button on Jpilot. Despite using /dev/ttyUSB0 , and 1, and 2, it never connected. (Usually, with a USB connection you have to initiate the sync on the Palm side. I didn't try it the other way.)

SOOOO ... I'm guessing that until I find the visor module somewhere, I'm out of luck. Unless anyone has better tips.

jaslar, Sep 13, 2008
Ask a Question