Painting your laptop

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by remnant, Oct 15, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

Its nice to spruce up your laptop once in a while by applying a coat of paint. Make sure to unscrew all the electronic components that you don't want to paint and take note of the order that you did the process. Then create a rough surface by buffing with sandpaper to prepare for priming with 3 coats of a primer. This sets the stage for spray painting after applying stickers to prevent unintended parts from being sprayed on.

remnant, Oct 15, 2016
  2. remnant

Corzhens

It looks like you are going to repaint your car, huh. But seriously, may I ask why the need to paint your laptop? I understand that there are people who are conscious with color but for a laptop to be repainted, it is an exaggeration to me. However, if you are a female then pardon me for saying that exaggeration. But as much as possible, I don't tinker with the color of the laptop because to me, the case does not matter. What's important is the function of the laptop.

Corzhens, Oct 15, 2016
  3. remnant

Fuzyon

Some people just want to have a nice color on their laptop, I'd love to add a chrome shade to my laptop soon just because I think it will look better and that's not a bad thing. You want to enjoy something that you use everyday to the fullest so people will customize that thing. Rainbow keyboards don't add any functionality but they do look cool.

Fuzyon, Oct 15, 2016
Ask a Question