Pad our mouse?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ad.mike2016, Aug 22, 2016.

1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016

I recently just upgraded to a wireless mouse from a mouse that had a wire connected to my laptop. I was wondering how many of you use a mouse versus the pad on the laptop itself. It seems that whenever I do not have my mouse I get about half the amount of work done then I do when I have the mouse, just from scrolling I guess. I remember growing up having the mouse was not even an option. The reason I ask is because I work with two other people who swear by not using a mouse, they just use the pad. Blows my mind! Depending on the responses I am going to show them everyones responses.

ad.mike2016, Aug 22, 2016
  2. ad.mike2016

Corzhens

Call me old fashioned but I have a wired mouse with me all the time inside the laptop's bag. When my laptop was new, I was trying my best to adapt to the track pad but later on I realized that what the heck, why not install a mouse? And since there are lots of mouse in the office lab, I asked for one and tested it with the USB socket. Fine. Now, I have been using the wired mouse for more than 2 years already and I have no issue. With the wireless mouse, we have one at home but we don't use it after testing because it hinders our efficiency.

Corzhens, Aug 22, 2016
  3. ad.mike2016

Aree Wongwanlee

I used to stay away from wireless mice. It seemed unnecessary. Why go to the extra expense of buying batteries for the mouse, I thought?

Then, with my latest laptop, my son bought me a wireless mouse. Now I know why my son uses a wireless mouse. There is no clutter at all. Just move it as I wish without any wire getting in the way. The batteries? Well, one set lasted a couple of months. That's good enough for me. I have a spare set in the drawer, just in case.

Do I use the touch pad on the laptop? No, I don't. I have never liked it. It just didn't seem as accurate as a mouse. So I have disabled the touch pad on my laptop.

Aree Wongwanlee, Aug 22, 2016
  4. ad.mike2016

vinaya

I have used cordless mouse as well as a mouse with a cord. However, I find touch pad easy to use. I don't have to free my hand to change the cursor while on touch pad. Having said that compared to using mouse (cordless or with a cord), touch pad is difficult.While typing, you will accidentally touch the pad and the cursor always moves on the screen.

vinaya, Aug 22, 2016
  5. ad.mike2016

Aree Wongwanlee

You are right. That's one of the annoying things about the touch pad. My hands are big and the touch pad is sensitive, so if I have the touch pad activated, the mouse pointer has a tendency to go all over the place, unintentionally. As for having to free the hand to use the mouse, it's not a problem for me. I have used the mouse for so long that it has become second nature to me. In fact, it's when I use the touch pad, that I have to make a conscious effort.

Aree Wongwanlee, Aug 22, 2016
  6. ad.mike2016

Elektron

When it comes to the use of the laptop in general, I personally like using a mouse instead of the pad, first off because you can make the pad last longer when you use an external mouse, I also use the mouse whilst using my laptop because that's what I got used to doing and therefore that's what I use, but you can use either of them if you want, it's all about how you feel when using them, that's my opinion though.

Elektron, Aug 22, 2016
  7. ad.mike2016

Vash

Wireless mouse is not an "upgrade".
    Back in the year 2001 or so, I have bought a wireless mouse/keyboard combo from Logitech. The mouse ran out of power every two days under heavy usage. I quickly reverted back to use wired mouse. That was with desktop PCs.

Anyway, at this moment although I do have a Bluetooth mouse as well as a wired G500 mouse, I am using touchscreen instead. :p With touchscreen, I do not use the pad. I found it is only necessary to use a mouse when I use specific software. For example: Gaming, or editing programs.

Vash, Aug 22, 2016
  8. ad.mike2016

hades_leae

I have to use a mouse now. I didn't know the pad could mess up over time. I have wasted stuff on it, but it can't go threw it. Now I literally have to have the mouse properties open if I use the pad because it will just start moving all around the screen like every 10 or 15 minutes, and then I have to reset the device.

It's like it corrupts itself, and I really hate dealing with it. It's not a virus or anything.

hades_leae, Aug 22, 2016
  9. ad.mike2016

IcyBC

I used for the desk top, but pad for laptop since it is more convenient! It took me a little getting used to, but I am now more comfortable with the pad than the mouse :)

IcyBC, Aug 22, 2016
  10. ad.mike2016

SirJoe

I mostly use my mouse but I recently tried a Wacom tablet and was really taken aback by it. I don't know of anything that gives you so much control with Photoshop.

SirJoe, Aug 26, 2016
  11. ad.mike2016

Aree Wongwanlee

I think wireless mice has come a long way since then. The one I am using lasted more than a month on a set of new batteries. I am a heavy user. I play World of Warcraft up to 20 hours a day, every day.

Aree Wongwanlee, Aug 30, 2016
Ask a Question