Packard bell Dot S

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by redbook, Sep 20, 2009.

1. redbook

redbook

Ok strange question, but would I be right in thinking that the Dot S is a rebadged D250 or if not it is a very close clone. It even has an acer directory on the HDD within widows??

redbook, Sep 20, 2009
  2. redbook

finjaskafin

You would be correct. I recently grabbed a Packard Bell dot.s ncd/70 myself after having confirmed that it is in fact an AAO D250. Even the model designation is KAV60. Pretty much everything that applies to the D250 applies to the dot.s ncd/70, but bios versions differ, though (the latest bios for the dot s is 1.03).

Mine is a bare-bones version with a 3-cell battery and no bt/3G. Planning to install the dealextreme Asus eee 10.1 touchscreen in the near future.

finjaskafin, Sep 26, 2009
  3. redbook

redbook

I have now found 1 or two small but I think important differences.

1. Dot S has an N280 atom vice N270 in the D250 (at least according to the specs I have read).

2. Dot S has a Broadcom wifi which works out of the box lights and all.

and just from the ascetic viewpoint I think the Dot S overall finish just edges the D250.

redbook, Sep 27, 2009
  4. redbook

finjaskafin

That's strange. Maybe there are several flavours, because mine has the Atom N270 and Atheros WiFi/LAN. The P/N is LU.B900B.035.

On a side note, I flashed the latest bios and updated the drivers yesterday, and the touchpad seems much more responsive now. I also placed an order on a high-capacity battery. The battery product codes are identical with the Acer Aspire One codes, so there's a large selection of batteries available.

I was also happy to find that the headphone jack is practically noise-free.

finjaskafin, Sep 27, 2009
  5. redbook

AOD150BLACK

Packard Bell has three AAO clones listed on their website. It looks like two clones of the D250, and one of the slimline model.

AOD150BLACK, Sep 27, 2009
Ask a Question