Overheating-Laptop 1 day old

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by theunderling, Nov 3, 2009.

1. theunderling

theunderling

Hi,Ive just joined here regarding the Acer AOD250-OBK netbook.I cannot believe the heat that is emitted from the left vent for the processor.The heat around there seems very hot.Ive been told that the AtomN270 processor does run hot,but surely this is ridiculous.Is this excessive heat a standard extra with the Acer netbooks,or is mines faulty.Ive contacted Acer-Euro and the chap there said to send it to be checked out.
    I do not think the netbook is fit for purpose if you cant rest it against your leg due to the heat.

Anyone any suggestions as I may take it back to Comet for my cash to be refunded.

theunderling, Nov 3, 2009
  2. theunderling

RazorFantasy

Are you in a very hot room? Now that the heat is on here my Acer is running hotter. Below 80*F it runs without getting too hot

RazorFantasy, Dec 17, 2009
  3. theunderling

Dooms_day

when playing something 3d, mine gets very hot, just keep it open, or adjust its position to a cooler place every once in a while

Dooms_day, Dec 18, 2009
  4. theunderling

Plastikman

I own a D150. It can get very hot.

Usually it is only slightly warm under normal use. It can get Really hot if I set it down on my lap or my bed because in feeds the fresh air in from the bottom. (I guess that is why it is a netbook and not a laptop..ok bad punn).... Mine us usually running 24x7 as a torrent client/server and is only warm.

It takes some getting used to how to keep it from suffocating (the D150 is worse then the D250).

Mine also gets hot under very heavy loads... MAX CPU/HDD and Wi-Fi. A good example is when i push several of gigs of movies between my netbook to my NAS box at full speed (about 120 Mbps) pegging my HDD and CPU cycles. I usually ignore the the heat at this point and hope the fan keeps it cool enough.

It can also get pretty warm while gaming or watching HD movies.

I would stop by your local bestbuy or retailer that sells a D250 and play with one at the store and see if the one there compares to yours heat wise. You could have a bad fan. but you would probably notice that.

My thought on My netbook is , I have had it for almost a year now, it has been all over the country. I got my money out of it. Unlike a true notebook or desktop that i would want to get years out of life out of. I am waiting from the next generation (or the one after) of Netbooks so I can upgrade to that.

I guess i consider base unit disposable and treat it more like a battle book/portable data storage or a cell phone..

Plastikman, Dec 22, 2009
Ask a Question