Outlook in Ron's TinyXP Image

Discussion in 'Windows' started by guycross, Dec 29, 2008.

1. guycross

guycross

I have been having a problem using Outlook.
    I have installed Ron's TinyXP image, which came with Office 2003 as park of the deal (great!). I could not get Outlook to access my gmail, or any email, either through pop or imap. I read the AAOsoftware blog comments and a few other people appear to be having the same problem but I cannot see a solution being offered.

Outlook gives the error "internet email not accessible, please re-install M$ Outlook"

Being a bright lad, I decided to re-install outlook, or not - I uninstalled office 2003 and then ran cc cleaner to try and make sure Office had "left the building". I dl'd a portable version of outlook, popped it on my SSD and then got the same error.

I figure it must be something to do with windows, but I have not the foggiest what to do....

gc

guycross, Dec 29, 2008
  2. guycross

UncleBeer

Yep; I couldn't get it to work either. I ended up installing Windows Live Mail (the successor to Outlook Express). Don't get the teensy 2.3Mb installer, as it won't install for some reason. Get the big-ass 134Mb file: http://mytopfiles.com/programs/file/wls ... 296513.htm

UncleBeer, Dec 29, 2008
  3. guycross

guycross

I am running Thunderbird for my email right now. Which is a great program that I 100% reccomend.

I only need outlook to sync my windows mobile phone, and when i say need, I mean want - I have a perfectly functioning exchange server (thanks to mail2web its free)

guycross, Dec 29, 2008
  4. guycross

UncleBeer

I tried Thunderbird for a minute . . . 'til I saw that there's no way for it to display pictures inline. :shock:

UncleBeer, Dec 29, 2008
  5. guycross

guycross

Really?
    I wouldnt notice to be honest, the only emails with pictures I get are junk from amazon or wherever...
    That is shoddy though...

gc

guycross, Dec 29, 2008
  6. guycross

yachtpro

I have been using Thunderbird since almost it's first release and I don't have any problems with viewing pics embedded in the email itself, or pps or anything else. HOWEVER......Thunderbird will not itself allow you to embed graphics like you can in Internet Explorer with Outlook express running as your default email program. If anyone knows different, PLEASE let me know as I truly hate IE and OE. If I want to do all kinds of fancy stuff I use my Incredimail program which I have had for years. Too artsy-fartsy for business, but fun for family stuff.

yachtpro, Dec 30, 2008
  7. guycross

criskeune

I am having the same problem here .... I mean, for everything, Ron's TinyXP image works perfectly for me. Even some small problem connecting my Nokia N95 cellphone as a 3G modem I could solve by installing a different version of Nokia PC Suite (I installed the "N series" instead of the 7.1 version). BUt the Outlook issue seems to be a little hard to find what's going on. I tried Thunberbird, but I got the exactely same problem. I got, as a last chance Windows Live Mail. It worked, but the installation of this e-mail client simply wrecked the MS Outlook (there was no way to open it again...)...

I reinstalled everything again (except Windowns Live message until now) to try to find a way to make the thing work ...

By the way, is there a way to install only the Messenger, withou adding the atualization for Outlook Connector? (It seems to me that this is what wreck the Software) ....

criskeune, Jan 17, 2009
  8. guycross

Guest Guest

Will not work that easy I've noticed......working with a different Nlited XP version (2) now and pop/smtp works fine, in this version have more services and dlls left in place then v1. Which (combo) of services/dlls/drivers needed to make outlook work in V1 I don't know. I dont use v1 anymore to test.

Guest, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question