Out of focus webcam

Discussion in 'Networking' started by npease, Sep 3, 2008.

1. npease

npease

My skype contacts are telling me that my webcam looks kind of fuzzy and out of focus. I am using XP is there any way to adjust the focus??

npease, Sep 3, 2008
  2. npease

ani88

No. AA1's webcam will look OK at 320x240 but any bigger, you will see a lot of blurred spots. If you want a decent webcam, buy a detached webcam.

ani88, Sep 3, 2008
  3. npease

npease

I have an old laptop with an external USB cam. It is really a pain. Half the time it is falling off or gets unplugged. I like having it built in, but my contacts have all noticed a really big diffrence in quality since I got my new mini Acer.

npease, Sep 4, 2008
  4. npease

melhiore

You may change the AA1 poor camera. Camera is connected via USB contacts. That means you can find camera fitting this place and made some mod - especially if U use WinXP... :)

melhiore, Sep 4, 2008
  5. npease

npease

Interesting idea, has anyone tried this or know of a webcam that would make a good replacement?

npease, Sep 4, 2008
  6. npease

melhiore

OK. Can someone measure the camera PCB?? I can look around and maybe there is a way of buying some damaged/faulty laptop or maybe just spare camera on similar board but with much better quality...

melhiore, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question